Tuesday 1 April 2014

Audience Feedback

Throughout the process of making my film introduction I sent out a survey to my whole school asking them certain questions about my chosen 'Chick Flick' genre. Here are some graphs showing the responses:

Unfortunatley all of the replies were from a female audience, so I was not able to get a complete perspective on the genre, however, they have provided me with information to help me in creating my introduction.








However, luckily the replies were from a very varied age range, with the most 16-18 year olds of whom my film is aimed at. 










I first asked what they expect from a chick flick film and the majority said boys and girls,  closely followed by love and jealousy with are both key themes of my production.









I then asked if they watched chick flicks, and clearly the majority said YES! This helped me to confirm that I had chosen a very female orientated production.









I then wanted to know who their favourite celebrity was, Beyonce was clearly the winner here, and is a perfect role model for young girls today. Something I wanted to pick up on in the film with a strong independent protagonist.

 Here, clearly the favourite chick flick is Mean Girls, which is the typical chick flick film of the recent few years. I wanted to take from these top films the idea of a new girl attending a school with some 'mean girls' who try to make it a struggle for her to fit in.
Finally, I wondered about the music genre which my audience preferred, they mostly said pop and rock, and I would say that the soundtrack to my opening is a mixture of the two,

No comments:

Post a Comment